No URANIUM MINING
JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT THE URANIUM MINING AND MILLING PROPOSAL FOR VIRGINIA.
This information will also serve to refresh our memories on the
specifics/history of the uranium mining and milling proposal for
- Technical Report on the Coles Hill Uranium Property: Pittsylvania
County: Virginia, by Peter A Christopher, PhD, P.Eng., November 6,
- Virginia Uranium Proposal Summary, Feb. 2008, by Lilias Jones Jarding, Ph.D., February 2008.
- Community Concerns Related To Uranium Mining in Virginia, Dec. 2008, Uranium Study Group.* Prepared by Halifax, Virginia’s Chamber of Commerce.
*This study group report is chocked-full of history, reports (Appendix
20: Excerpts of Va Uranium Ltd. Prospectus, Nov. 8, pg. 70-77),
letters, and maps, etc.
- Virginia Energy Resources Corporate Presentation (17-page), January
This presentation includes: VER’s major uranium assets, Coles Hill
overview, deposit maps, connection to Va’s “Nuclear Heritage,” Va
Uranium Studies, VER Executive Team, etc.
- Virginia Energy Independence Alliance website
Please view the website’s video: A pro-nuclear/-uranium mining video
centered on Pittsylvania Co., Va. (The pro-side has great plans in
store for Pittsylvania Co., Va.)
- Pittsylvania Uranium: A Detailed Timeline, by Linda Goin on May 1, 2009.
- “Keep the Ban: Why Uranium Mining is a Bad Idea for Virginia’s
Environment and Communities,” by Kay Slaughter, SELC, March 2, 2010.
Additional information which may be helpful:
- Article: Make-up of uranium study panel scrutinized, SoVaNow.com /August 23, 2010
- National Resources Defense Council’s (NRDC) letter to the National Academy of Sciences to add its commentary on improving the NAS’ Uranium Mining in Virginia Study.
- Article: NAS President, NAE Members Named to Secretary of Energy Advisory Board, by William Kearney, August 11, 2010
- National Academy of Science webpage: Project Scope on Uranium Mining in Virginia Study, DELS-BESR-09-06
- National Academy of Science webpage: Committee Membership Information, Uranium Mining in Virginia Study, DELS-BESR-09-06
- Report on the NAS: Ensuring Independence and Objectivity at The
National Academies CENTER FOR SCIENCE IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST, 2006. Should we be concerned?
- Danville Regional Foundation:
Danville Regional Foundation funded study: Proposal Summary: A
Socioeconomic Study of Proposed Uranium Mining and Milling in South
Central Virginia, June 2010.
- 1985 Virginia Coal & Energy Commission Report
- Virginia Uranium Inc.’s Exploration application/permit with the DMME, Nov. 9, 2007
- Chronology of uranium tailings dam failures
- Article: Nuclear is Not Clean, May 6, 2008 (Rise in number of uranium
mining claims out West).
- Virginia Uranium Ltd, Sedar, Company reports:
- Radiological Information for Farmers, Growers and Food Producers, Va
Dept. of Emergency Management
- Uranium U238 Decay Chain
- Video:World Report: Uranium Mining: Vital for the Future, But Not in
My Backyard!, (Mineral Rights-VS-Surface Rights), January 27, 2009.
Coles Hill: Is the uranium worth it?
Write a comment
You need to login to post comments!